Monday 14 April 2014

Positive and Negative Form

For this activity we were asked to complete two parts. 

Part A: Draw the negative space using three of the words provided. I chose Jaws, Ghost and Ice Cream Cone.
Part B: Find examples or whitespace used effectively.

Billboard


There is a lot of white space used on this billboard. I find it quite effective. The eye is immediately drawn to the product being advertised.

Magazine


Very effective magazines cover. I like that it’s not crowded with other stories and the colour of the text used looks great.

Website


I love the colours used in this website. It’s warm and rich like coffee. Because of the white space around the stories, your eyes are drawn to read them but I found I took in the picture as a whole as well.

Movie Cover


I read somewhere that white space particularly with light blue was deliberately used for movies such as The Notebook as it appeals to the romantic side particularly with women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment